Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Taliban

Salams,
So this post is about exactly what it says in the title. I don't want to hear about the Taliban anymore. I am so sick and tired of it. It's draining the lives out of Muslims everywhere. We are so preoccupied with what is happening over Afghan/Pakiland that we don't realize the enormity of the injustices that we are creating with our own hands in other countries. We are only helping to prove what everyone already believes about us. We are good for nothings and we like to complain a lot. Complain. Complain. Complain.

When push comes to shove so very few Muslims stand up for what's right. Muslims like to cower in corners. Their bark is huge, but their bite is so small it doesn't even leave a mark. Ask yourself some questions (these are questions I am asking myself too, like sincerely, which onces can i really with all conviction say yes too)?

How recently have you reached out to a Muslim in need or a nonMuslim in need? Not like just asking how are you doing, but really sincerely going out of your way to help someone? A sincere kind word. A sincere kind invitation to your home for someone who is lonely and needs company. A sincere gift to someone. A sincere show of support (not just half-hearted attempts).

- Rabea

1 comment:

Amna said...

It's really sad.. I see myself in this post a lot, ha. I guess it's harder to be a legitimately good Muslim (which is, coincidentally, a good HUMAN BEING) than to constantly accuse others of coming up short compared to the lofty standard. I'm tired of hearing about Taliban too, but on another vein, it is a problem when you have crazy people running Muslim countries. Then again, no Muslim country is free of that- so I'll keep my mouth closed!