Friday, March 27, 2009

Jannati

Salams,
There are some people in this world, usually very few people, that you just know, you know are going to Jannah. They belong there, that is there place, their final destination.. I spoke to one of my best friends today, and you know it's funny, I don't need to speak to my best friends everyday to know we are best friends and we love each other, and we would do anything for each other. I emailed her, let her know I am not doing so well. She, living half way around the globe, wrote me back and told me she would call asap, not needing to wait for me to tell her the best time to call. So how do you know who your best friends are? Sorry to quantify this, but generally I need to quantify anything (I'm a numbers person)
1. They are there for you no matter how bad the circumstances. No matter how crappy life gets, they will stick with you.
2. They will fish you out of bad situations, not only will they fish you out, but they will help you catch your breath and recover, desertion is not an option.
3. They are non-judgmental. You don't need to explain to them why you did whatever, they get it, they get you, and no they will not judge, just help.
4. You are at peace with him/her. I have a couple of best friends. We can sit and just be. We don't need to talk excessively, we enjoy each other's company. We can sit, sleep, talk, eat, gossip, watch TV, cook, take a walk, and we are just cool with whatever.
5. The unspoken stuff is way more important than the spoken. Like I can say to my best friend, "I am feeling so and so.." She won't ask why, what happened, or what do you mean?, she'll say, "I know...how can I help?"
6. They keep your secrets. I am so bad at keeping secrets, but my friend's secrets?, I guard vehemently. They do the same for me.
7. I've noticed if you are doing something wrong people who don't care about you will let you stay on the path of destruction. Friends won't. I am lucky enough to have friends that will not only not let me continue, but they will do it in the most kindest, gracious way possible.
8. You generally don't fight or bicker. I dont think I have ever really fought with any of my best friends. This is probably more of a tribute to them than me.
9. You generally will share the same worldviews. You may not even be the same religion, but you see the world in a similar light. I have a good friend who is not Muslim, but wow we see many many things about this world and about people in a very similar light.
Living in this world is harsh. SubhanaAllah. Everyone is tested. If you can befriend someone at this level, try. Be someone's Abu Bakr (ra).

So this post was for my best friends, you guys know who you are. I love you guys. I know you will be in Jannah.

Rabea

2 comments:

Amna said...

hey where is the sisters post?

Rabea said...

i dont know
same place my sisters are at