Thursday, March 5, 2009

Umm Salamah, Lost something or want to get married again?

Umm Salamah said, "I heard the Messenger of God saying,
'Whenever a calamity afflicts anyone he should say, "Surely from God we are and to Him we shall certainly return.' And he would pray, 'O Lord, give me in return something better from it which only You, Exalted, and Might, can give.'"

Umm Salamah's husband, Abu Salamah, died from wounds he had endured in the Battle of Uhud. This was the dua that Umm Salamah would say. And surely Allah did return something better from it, which was her marriage to the Prophet (saw), and I am sure countless other blessings. There are many lessons to be learned from Umm Salamah's story that I will expand on in another post.

This is also the same dua I say when I lose something. 100% of the time I either find what I have lost or it is replaced with something much much better, something that I cant even fathom at the time of the loss. At the time of losing something you are just so upset because you want to find that object, whether it be your keys, a gold ring, papers, etc. You can't think very far in advance. You dont know what Allah (swt) has planned for you. And surely Allah (swt) is the Best of Planners.

-Rabea

No comments: