Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outraged

Salams,
so I know I have posted an article about Muslim leaders and their duty to the Muslim community. It is stories like the following one that make me outraged and disgusted:
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/424210.html
(btw I know this is an old story, but I recently found out about...I think I was living under a rock for a few years)

Headline:

Principal of Islamic school in Buffalo ousted over sex allegations


Third paragraph down:
Memon, an Islamic scholar and imam, has agreed to leave his post at Darul-Uloom Al-Madania, 182 Sobieski St., for a minimum of seven years. The private, Islamic secondary school and institute of higher learning is located alongside Masjid Zakariya mosque in the Broadway-Fillmore neighborhood.

REALLY???? How magnanimous of him! Keep reading the article and the man admits to his relationship with this girl and if you take Islam out of it, it's not that big of a deal...WHAT!!!???

Dear readers (or perhaps just myself), we need to as a community ask more from our leaders. If someone is going to be your spiritual leader, it is very important that his family life/personal life is public knowledge. Now I am not saying we need to know what happens everyday in their personal life, but we need to know enough to follow these people as our spiritual leaders. No, I will not put my trust in you just because you have a degree from Madina University, Al-Azhar, Islamic University of wherever....no no no. This has got to stop. Mind you, many of these scholars may have tremendous knowledge of Islam, but without character that knowledge is dangerous to us all. They are representing us! Take back your religion, and don't let these quacks take over! Really people, this guy should never be allowed to have any kind of leadership position in the community again, he should never be allowed to come near sisters of any age, and really shouldn't be allowed to come back to this school after 7 years or 100 years. I hate rants, and this has quickly become one. Sorry for ranting.

Rabea

2 comments:

Ayesha said...

how has it taken me this long to find out you have a blog, too?
hellllllloooooooooooo.
anyway. i agree.... the post and all!

Rabea said...

heyyyyyyyy
salams
wusssupp??

dude, I dont know? how are things going??

ya post, man you know letting the anger out...lol