Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tanhaiyan: The Original Pakistani Drama

Salams,
The Pakistani dramas these days are so complicated, such heavy topics, heavy handed humor, such lack of simplicity, lack of class, lack of drama etiquette...I loved Tanhaiyan. Tanhaiyan was the original Pakistani drama, the epitome of what a drama should be...Such simplistic characters. Simple humor. A simple yet deep storyline. A drama from the 80s, the clothes and hairstyles date them, but the drama could be shown today and I know people would love it. I've seen it tons of times, too many to count. I love it. The characters. Sania. Kabacha. Annie, Zahra, Bibi, Apa Begum, the Malik, Baba, etc....Enjoy the following clip from Tanhaiyan...(btw, who doesnt love nown lakah, or should I say who could possible love it?, but the idea is great)
-Rabea

No comments: